We all must have experienced mosquito bites as mosquitoes fly indoors and outdoors. There are nearly 3500 species of mosquitoes worldwide, and they are considered the most dangerous species for killing millions of people each year. Why Are Mosquito Nets Important For Your Family? because Mosquitoes carry the most dangerous disease such as Malaria, dengue fever, Zika virus and are responsible for numerous diseases. To end such deadly spread of diseases, mosquito nets are widely used. Mosquito nets play a preeminent role in human life and stay as a lifesaver.
What is a mosquito net?
A mosquito net is a meshed curtain that acts as a guarding barrier around the individual as they sleep. Incorporating mosquito nets during sleep is mandatory as they help battle deadly diseases like Malaria that spreads through mosquitoes. Insecticide-treated mosquito nets are available, which last for three to four years. Many countries, including South Sudan, are highly hit by Malaria, resulting in 75% of child death. Read Complete Malaria Report Here, UNICEF plays the unique role of providing practical solutions against mosquitoes by distributing mosquito nets for families in South Sudan.
Mosquito nets protect the individual from stings, bites, and other insect bites. Mosquito nets come in nylon, polypropylene, cotton, and polyester that exclude insects but permit ventilation and visibility. With the recent advancement in machinery, mosquito nets come in various forms, such as mosquito nets as tents hung from the ceiling, installed on doors and windows. They are also available in a foldable format for easy usage and storage.
How do mosquitoes/Insects spread disease?
Mosquitoes play the most dangerous role in spreading diseases through their bites. Mosquitoes or vectors are living species that carry diseases from animals and humans. It is through the blood that these vectors carry infection. Apart from biting, it sucks blood plus secretes saliva. The saliva gains entry into the bloodstream, causing diseases.
Few dangerous diseases spread by mosquito bites are Malaria, West Nile virus, yellow fever, Dengue, Zika, Chikungunya, and more. The mosquito spreads the disease by biting a malaria-affected person and spreads the disease to another non-affected person. The malaria parasite gets into the human bloodstream and enters the liver. After the maturation of the parasite, it exits the liver and infects the red blood cells.
How to prevent it?
The life-threatening disease can be prevented by following a few preventive measures below.
- Draping mosquito nets over the sleeping area and beds stays as a primary method.
- Install doors, windows, and other openings with mosquito nets.
- Using mosquito repellent with diethyltoluamide or DEET over the skin works tremendously against mosquitoes.
- Cover your skin with long sleeves and long pants
- It is best advised to employ doors and windows with screens.
- Use permethrin, an insect repellent for treating mosquito nets, sleeping bags, clothing, tents, and other fabrics.
- Though it is wise to adopt these ideas, the usage of mosquito nets tends to guard individuals throughout the night.
Top 3 mosquito nets
Gone are the days when mosquito nets were available only for beds and sleeping areas. With technological advancement, fresh and intelligent ideas popped up for protection against mosquitoes. In that way, the top mosquito nets for today includes
- Magnetic mosquito screens: The magnetic mosquito screen is an innovative idea where the magnetic screen window sticks to the frame. The magnetic principle employed in such an invention leaves no space for mosquitoes to enter the room. These nets block the entry of mosquitoes and other tiny pests entering the room, protecting the family. The trendy and elegant mosquito net is user-friendly for all.
- Chain rolling mosquito nets: These are chain operated, plus rolling down mosquito nets is similar to operating blinds. The chain-operated nets are efficient to use and hassle-free to clean. The bests feature about these nets is that they can be stopped at a certain height. These nets are best-suited for windows of all sizes. The durable nets are effective and effortless to use.
- Sliding mosquito nets: Sliding mosquito nets are usually employed for doors to block the entry of mosquitoes and insects from the main entrance. These sliding doors render a chic look to the interiors and are best for homes with large openings. The sturdy door nets with power coating prevent pests and mosquitoes from entering.
Why choose spectra blinds for mosquito nets?
The only choice to opt for purchasing high-quality mosquito nets is Spectra blinds. Spectra blinds are the foremost leaders in providing advanced mosquito screening systems for interiors. They develop innovative solutions for safeguarding families from pests. The design is brilliant, permitting air to circulate but keeping pests and mosquitoes away.
They maintain the functional needs in mind and progress with effective filters against dust, mosquitoes, insects, pollen, and other impurities. Spectra designs all types of mosquito nets for doors, windows, etc. Spectra Blinds stays proud as a pioneer in providing a permanent solution for all mosquito-related issues.